Wednesday, November 14, 2018

“GIVE ME A BREAKTHROUGH”




This is a true life story based poem

Down through these years,
In the journey of life,
Heading west;
Following my dream,
Following
The desires of my heart.
I find myself
Going through circles,
Circles!
I cannot find my way!
 
CHORUS
OH, my Lord Jesus Christ,
Give me
A breakthrough in
My torment!


Day in and out, wondering,
   When my time will come?
Bit by bit, slowly,
Weakness sinking in my soul,
         Down casting my spirit,
Powerless, slowly, down on my knees I go!

CHORUS
OH, my Lord Jesus Christ, 
   Give me 
 A breakthrough in 
  My torment!

Evening comes,
    Outside I go,
Looking at the firmament,
    Staring at the stars
Trying to understand
      The mystery of creation!




     During the night,
   Confiding in my pillow;
Tears flowing down my cheeks
          In rivers streams,
Feeling like my whole heart is being ripped
        Out of my chest alive.
            Up the sky I look!
     Down on my knees;
My hands held tied together;
  Please show me the way,
   Give me a breakthrough,
Master of RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!!


By Marenyane Mokhethi
Copyrights 2016 March 10th 2016
Territorial composition: Peka


No comments:

Post a Comment